Accounting – Paid Internship
Balance4ward is seeking an Accounting Intern for the Summer of 2024.
As a Balance4ward Accounting intern, you will get a great experience from learning the basics of accounting and financial reporting within a medium-sized business. You will learn how to accomplish tasks in a timely fashion from point of sales all the way to financials. Additionally, you will gain experience with a new accounting system as well as logistics system. This position will collaborate with our Director of Finance, controller, and accounting staff to learn different aspects of the business.
Location – On-Site: Omaha, NE
Housing: Balance4ward will assist in locating housing for the duration of the summer within drivable distance of the Omaha office location. Intern will be responsible for up to $200 of living expenses per month plus any extra utilities. If a home address is within drivable distance, the intern may commute.
What You’ll Learn:
- Full cycle accounts payable
- Prepare & process accounts receivable documents
- Auditing and reconciliation
- Ability to work as a team and with multiple software systems
- Financial reporting & analysis
- Cash management
- Risk management
- Margin Management
- Position Tracking (cattle, corn, feed)
- Knowledge of accounting processes
- Strong computer skills
- Demonstrates strong leadership ability
- Possesses strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Exhibits a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Self-directed and capable of working independently
- Shadowing members of the Accounting and Commodities Trade Specialist department as they perform their duties.
- Shadowing the Director of Finance and assisting with duties as assigned.
- Assist with data entry, recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Learning and working with bookkeeping software (Microsoft Dynamics GP and QuickBooks).
- Handling sensitive and/or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
Working with and shadowing other departments within the company to learn more about Balance4ward’s mission.
If interested, please fill out the Career Application Form here.